Sensi products are made from highest grade (6A) long fibre 22 momme mulberry silk. And if you are new to the silk world, this just means the highest quality of silk that you can get.
They are specially designed (meaning you can't find them anywhere else on the market) and made in line with our strict quality standards to provide the dreamiest combination of shine, softness and durability.
All sensi products are OEKO-TEX certified which means that they have all been tested to ensure they are free from harmful chemicals, toxins and irritants.
Benefits of silk
for your skin
- Reduces friction on the skin, which minimises sleep winkles. - It is naturally hypoallergenic and protects skin from irritation. - It is coated with sericin, a protein that makes them anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and resistant to dust mites and mould. - The tightly woven, smooth fibres of silk help keep moisture close to the skin. - Goodbye wrinkles! Silk helps you hold hydration and hydrated plump skin cells show fewer fine lines and more luminosity than dehydrated skin cells.
- Contains amino acids that work to condition hair. - Prevents bed head and frizz.
- Helps skin and hair retain essential moisture.
- Silk is friction- free that allows your hair to glide more freely when sleeping. Goodbye breakages!
- Silk pillows don't absorb your hair's oil meaning healthier, smoother and shinier hair.
- Silk fibres are inherently temperature regulating. - Unlike cotton, which absorbs moisture, silk wicks moisture away to keep you dry and cool all night long. - Silk provides a breathable, yet insulating barrier between yourself and the surrounding temperature, which can keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Currently, pillow slips are predominantly made from polyester. However, polyester is made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET), the most common type of plastic in the world and therefore not environmentally friendly. Not only that, but wearing or having polyester touch your skin makes it difficult for your skin to breathe and rising body temperature releases harmful chemicals from the fabric that can be absorbed by your skin. However, silk is considered a more sustainable fibre. It is a renewable resource that is biodegradable, and also uses less water, chemicals and energy than many other fibres. This makes it safer, cleaner and a more sustainable option for night accessories to be made from.